PURSED•CABLES
PURSED•CABLES
PURSED•CABLES

Monday, November 29

my thoughts are rude,

my thoughts which drop quilts to the floor and lift false bottoms out of cedar drawers and won't show me,

my thoughts which are private and neglect their health, my thoughts which stay outdoors and eat only sap and shit pitch

yes, my thoughts are in a forest, one hundred of my thoughts are in a forest fucking and laughing

at me

and

at everything i think of them, at my thoughts of my thoughts, whom my thoughts exclude & toward whose approach my thoughts stomp their feet & urinate

in the bottom of the forest there is a clearing, from the hill i watch my thoughts which strip bark & bore into sapwood, my thoughts which suck with black lips at the perforations, with lips & noses & fingertips black from exposure, my thoughts which might conceal things in the trunks—

from the hill i watch my thoughts in the clearing dig holes and bury themselves or part of themselves, their thoughts of themselves, i think

a stream which feeds me and the encampment of my thoughts of my thoughts runs thru the forest and strange thoughts, strange thoughts of my thoughts which are pits concealed in the forest, leech thru the soil into the stream

later, powerful noises surround the forest from within the forest: ten thousand of my thoughts of my thoughts camping at the edge of the forest enter the forest and the forest rearranges to suit my thoughts, to hide my thoughts from my thoughts of my thoughts

or else, a fog hides the forest from me

or else, the forest is my thoughts of my thoughts and my thoughts cut them down to make a clearing and the trunks that are my thoughts of my thoughts crush my thoughts and my thoughts laugh and expire and leech into the soil

i can't see the forest and for a long time my thoughts of my thoughts make powerful noises in the forest and then my thoughts of my thoughts leave the forest, they leave the forest defeated and insensible and they leave and they exclude their thoughts, one hundred of their thoughts whom i welcome and who have no secrets and who watch themselves in the stream and wait, one hundred of the thoughts of my thoughts of my thoughts who wait in turn to replace me

7 comments:

s.swan/spookyguts said...

youre back.
rude thoughts are no good.

gamefaced said...

i like reading words that make my head hurt in twists.

matthew said...

hey, thanks for still reading me & leaving comments despite that i am terrible about replying to comments

~ rude thoughts nude thoughts XXX

feels said...

amazing imagery

feels said...

damn it, post more

gamefaced said...

amen that.

s.swan/spookyguts said...

more nude thoughts/rude thoughts plz