PURSED•CABLES
PURSED•CABLES
PURSED•CABLES

Saturday, June 26

when i am so tired i can't place sounds or time their silences or something

when someone talks their voice comes from all four walls at once

when i look away, my notebook and my pencil on my desk make very loud noises without moving

when i look away, a long time pulls from the spool and falls to the floor

my eyes are fixed to the spool by fat cords like belt drives

when i look at a thing, all its materials pull from the spool and fall to the floor

somehow i must turn my eyes to rewind them

i swear you look like someone you can't possibly be

are you ghosts, or will the ghosts become you when you get here

somehow i must conspire to arrange in symbols ghosts that will become you when you get here

my notebook and my pencil on my desk are very bright like searchlights and remain invisible

when someone talks their voice takes up all the light in the room for a moment

and falls onto the floor and falls thru the floor

then one eye turns backwards and one eye turns forward and one eye stares at you when you get here

i am waiting for you, you are out of sequence, i am waiting most of all for a pressure and a hair in rivulets from every access followed much later by your voice and bare shoulders

you are arranged in symbols and my symbols are fixed to your symbols by fat cords like tree limbs

when i am so tired you seem to be all at once

when i am so tired you seem to have never happened and to be about to happen and to be already happened